Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What country has so little garbage that it has to be imported–an estimated 2.3 million tons are expected to be imported in the year 2020–from places like Britain and Norway?
- By what name is Arrangement in Grey and Black No. 1 more commonly known?
- Who served as editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine for 32 years, starting in 1965?
- Who was the first associate justice of the Supreme Court?
- Before the World Cup of Golf was the World Cup, what was its name?
This Week’s Answers:
- Sweden. Trash is an important energy source for the country, but Swedes are so good at recycling that there is not enough garbage to convert into fuel.
- Whistler’s Mother. James McNeill Whistler’s mother, Anna, sat for the portrait in 1871.
- Helen Gurley Brown. She also wrote Sex and the Single Girl.
- James Wilson. He took the oath on October 5, 1789, but the entire court, consisting of the chief justice and five associate justices, did not meet for the first time until February 2, 1790.
- The Canada Cup. The first contest took place in Montreal in 1953, and only seven countries participated. The name change came in 1967.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”