Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Where is the Palme d’Or awarded?
- What branch of the US armed forces is the word hooyah associated with?
- What organization’s motto is “Nation shall speak peace unto nation”?
- What prominent surrealist artist was excommunicated from surrealism in the late 1930s?
- On Gilmore Girls, what is Rory’s real name?
This Week’s Answers:
- France’s annual Cannes Film Festival. It goes to the director of the Best Feature Film winner.
- The Navy, specifically Navy SEALs. It’s an exclamation that can indicate simply affirmation or more of a celebration, though no one is quite sure where it comes from.
- The BBC. It’s an adaptation of a verse in the Book of Micah.
- Salvador Dali. It was due to his refusal to disavow fascism.
- Lorelai. She shares the name with her mother.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-a-Day”