Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What animals did Dian Fossey dedicate her life to studying and protecting?
- On the US TV show The Office, which actor’s real-life wife plays Carol, a real estate agent who becomes romantically involved with Michael?
- What innovation is Welsh mathematician Robert Recorde chiefly known for?
- The actor who portrayed which two closely linked Star Wars characters feuded on and off since the first movie came out in the ’70s?
- Where are a manatee’s nipples located on its body?
This Week’s Answers:
- Gorillas. Her life is portrayed in the movie Gorillas in the Mist.
- Steve Carell’s wife, Nancy Carell, plays the role of Carol. The two have been married since 1995.
- Recorde invented the equals sign in 1557. It helped him avoid having to write “is equal to” over and over again.
- R2-D2 and C-3PO, meaning that Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels bickered both on screen and off.
- In its armpits. Technically, the nipples are behind the manatee’s flippers, but that spot is essentially what humans could consider the armpits.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”