Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What is a Cordwainer?
- In the run-up to the 2008 presidential election, candidate John Edwards was criticized for his $400 haircut. But that was nothing compared with the 2016 revelation that a world leader supposedly spent $132,000 a year on haircuts. Who was it?
- In dominoes, what’s an ace?
- What kind of fish does caviar traditionally come from?
- The 1973 movie The Wicker Man is set on a fictional Scottish isle. What is it called?
This Week’s Answers:
- A shoemaker. Traditionally, he is distinct from a cobbler in that a cordwainer works with new leather, and a cobbler works with old.
- French president Francois Hollande. The figure reportedly represents the annual salary of his taxpayer-funded barber.
- The end of a domino title with one dot (or pip).
- Sturgeon. Three types of sturgeon supply most of the world’s caviar: the beluga, osetra, and sevruga.
- Summerisle. The movie was shot around Scotland, mostly on the mainland and not on the isles.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”