Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Name the animator who correlated Mickey Mouse with Walt Disney?
- The Statue of Liberty stands on Liberty Island, but that wasn’t always the island’s name. What was it formerly called?
- Name the ice cream company whose logo is a simple green leaf.
- At over 400 miles, Mammoth Cave holds the distinction of being the world’s longest cave. Where is it?
- The king of Spain granted this family a piece of land in 1758 to plant agave; they started producing tequila 37 years later, which they still make today. What is the name of the family?
This Week’s Answers:
- Ub Iwerks. The two developed Mickey Mouse together throughout the 1920s. Chuck Jones once said of Ub, “Iwerks spelled backwards is screwy.”
- Bedloe’s Island. It was officially renamed in 1956.
- Breyers. Some think it’s a mint leaf, but it’s actually a briar bush leaf.
- Kentucky, in Mammoth Cave National Park. It became a national park in 1941.
- The Cuervos, of Jose Cuervo fame. The tequila is made in central Mexico, in the region surrounding the town called Tequila.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”