LAS VEGAS – NAB Show is introducing the “In-Vehicle Experience,” a new exhibit floor destination located in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The area will feature a combination of educational sessions and live demonstrations that showcase content development, delivery and monetization opportunities related to connected vehicles. The 2019 NAB Show will be held April 6-11, with exhibits April 8-11.
In-Vehicle Experience sessions will address media display options, voice-activation technology, audio design and HD radio, among others. Also, Audi and Xperi will provide live, in-car demonstrations of the latest technologies driving content delivery and consumer engagement. All related sessions are available here.
“As automobile technology evolves towards autonomy and even more advanced forms of transportation, vehicles are becoming the next frontier for content distribution,” said NAB Executive Vice President of Conventions and Business Operations Chris Brown. “At NAB Show, we are creating a forum for media companies and automobile manufacturers to discuss and collaborate on the future of in-vehicle entertainment that maximizes the consumer experience and leverages the ‘passenger economy.’”
On Monday, April 8 in a Main Stage session titled “Autonomous Cars and Amazing Experiences: Safety, Content & Connectivity,” panelists will discuss technology enabling the future of content consumption in autonomous vehicles and the related security considerations. Panelists include Carla Bailo of Center for Automotive Research (CAR); James Buczkowski of Ford Motor Company; Shailen Bhatt of ITS America; Nakul Duggal of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.; and Sam Matheny of the National Association of Broadcasters.
Other In-Vehicle Experience Sessions include:
- Mobility Stories for the Passenger Economy of Today and Tomorrow: A Panel Discussion with Waze and Broadcasters
- Today’s In-Car Digital Radio Experience
- Turning the Car Into a Tailored Entertainment Hub
- Connected Cars and Next Gen TV: Infrastructure Decisions Could Be Key to ATSC 3.0 Adoption
- Avis Budget Group on Connected Car, Future Mobility, and New Media Models
- In-car Entertainment Perspectives: Piloted driving ON! Radio OFF?
- Broadcast and IP in the Car – How Will These Converge?
- The Personalized Future of In-Vehicle Entertainment
- Connected Cars Will Run on Satellite
- Beyond Audio: Radio’s Opportunity In Autonomous Vehicles, IoT, and Other Services
- Creating a Seamless Entertainment UX in the Connected Car
Current In-Vehicle Experience sponsors include Access, Audi, Gaian Solutions and Xperi.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 6 – 11, 2019, in Las Vegas, NV, USA, is the world’s largest and most comprehensive convention encompassing the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With nearly 100,000 attendees from 165 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and fuel the digital storytelling economy. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.
Source: NAB Show