Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- “Stonewall” Jackson’s nickname is well known, but what was his real first name?
- What new game was not selling well until Johnny Carson played it with Eva Gabor on The Tonight Show in 1966?
- Name the group that won the Eurovision song contest in 1974, one of the contest’s biggest success stories.
- Who were the Windsor Beauties?
- Name the basketball team that a young businessman named Abe Saperstein founded in 1926 in Chicago.
This Week’s Answers:
- Thomas. He didn’t earn his nickname until the First Battle of Bull Run in 1861.
- Twister. Sales shot up after that bit of publicity.
- ABBA, providing Sweden’s first win. They performed a song called “Waterloo.”
- Beautiful and powerful women who were in the court of King Charles II of England and whose portraits hang together in London’s Hampton Court Palace.
- The Harlem Globetrotters. They were originally called the Savoy Big Five.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”