Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018″…
This Week’s Questions:
- Who founded the website eBay?
- What is the name for the (usually) invisible stripes that cover the human skin?
- Eric Clapton is the first person who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times. How did that happen?
- Called the Bank of Italy upon its founding, by what name is the company now known?
- What country was formed in 1932 when a king brought together warring Bedouin tribes?
This Week’s Answers:
- Pierre Omidyar. Born in France, he founded the online auction site in 1995.
- Blaschko’s lines. The lines are a result of the pattern of cell division as skin develops.
- He was recognized as a member of the bands the Yardbirds and Cream and for his work as a solo artist.
- Bank of America, oddly enough. Amadeo Peter Giannini, the son of Italian immigrants, founded the Bank of Italy in San Francisco’s Little Italy neighborhood, and his empire eventually grew into Bank of America.
- Saudi Arabia. King Abd al-Aziz Al Saud was the one to unite the country, and his many sons were left in line for succession.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”