Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What famous artist painted Broadway Boogie Woogie?
- Superman is to Clark Kent as Wonder Woman is to whom?
- What is a hectare used to measure?
- What crisis did Snead & Co. help American universities and libraries solve?
- Name the pioneering female television news journalist whose son, Jeffrey Toobin, also became a journalist.
This Week’s Answers:
- Piet Mondrian. Inspired by jazz music in New York City, the artist used yellow lines instead of his usual black grid.
- Diana Prince.
- Land or area. Part of the metric system, 1 hectare is the equivalent of 2.471 acres.
- There wasn’t enough shelf space. Wooden bookcases had historically been used, but Snead introduced taller, multitiered, self-supporting bookstacks made of cast iron, adding hundreds of miles of additional space for books.
- Marlene Sanders. She was the first woman to anchor a prime-time network newscast and the first woman to report for TV from Vietnam.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”