Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- In genetics, what is the term for an alternative form of a gene?
- Name the former pop singer who became mayor of Palm Springs, California, in 1988.
- In what country can you find a city named Batman?
- What voice actor served as the voice behind Yoda, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie Bear, among others?
- Name five of the countries the Amazon River passes through.
This Week’s Answers:
- Allele. Alleles can be either dominant or recessive.
- Sonny Bono. Several years later, he was elected to Congress.
- Turkey. The city probably takes its name from the Batman River, which in turn is named for a mountain known as Bati Raman. The mayor of Turkey’s Batman once threatened to sue Warner Bros.
- Frank Oz. As a young man, he met Jim Henson at a puppeteering conference, after which he joined the Muppets team.
- Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”