Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- After John F. Kennedy’s death, his wife, Jacqueline, requested that cadets from what country participate in the funeral?
- What country singer was offered a spot on the Philadelphia Phillies, but decided to pursue music instead, recording songs like “Guess My Eyes Were Bigger Than My Heart,” “To See My Angel Cry,” and “I See the Want To in Your Eyes”?
- What US state has the longest shoreline?
- Musician and writer Patti Smith wrote the book Just Kids about her friendship with what artist?
- In 1219, Genghis Khan waged war on the Khwarezm Empire. What present-day countries did that area include?
This Week’s Answers:
- Ireland. Twenty-six of them traveled to Washington to do so.
- Conway Twitty. All in all, he had more than 40 No. 1 hits.
- Alaska, with more than 33,000 miles of it. It is also the only state to have its coastline on two oceans (the Pacific and Arctic).
- Photographer Robert Mapplethorpe. The two met in 1967 in New York City.
- Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Iran.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”