Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Today marks an obscure holiday that celebrates a beloved children’s book character. Name that character.
- On season two of the TV show Gilmore Girls, why did creator Amy Sherman-Palladino write in the character of Jess Mariano, Luke’s nephew and Rory’s love interest?
- Who was the first African American to win a Pulitzer Prize?
- Who pained the famous work of art titled The Scream?
- Who is the patron saint of ice-skating?
This Week’s Answers:
- Winnie-the-Pooh. A. A. Milne, the author of the Winnie-the-Pooh books, was born on January 18. The date is now known as Winnie-the-Pooh Day.
- The writers needed a plausible reason to keep Luke and Lorelai from dating too early in the series, and Jess became a source of conflict for them.
- Gwendolyn Brooks (1917-2000). The accomplished poet won the prize in 1950 for her book Annie Allen.
- Edvard Munch (1863-1944). The painter’s dark, emotionally raw style greatly influenced the German Expressionist movement.
- Saint Lydwina. Born in 1380 in the Netherlands, Lydwina was paralyzed by an ice-skating accident when she was young.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”