Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What kind of animal served in the Polish army’s 22nd Transport Company’s Artillery Division in World War II?
- What is the full name of Cap’n Crunch, the cereal mascot?
- In Ancient Rome, what color of clothing signified royalty or high status?
- What country won the soccer World Cup in 1930, the first year it was held?
- The 2018 film Annihilation, starring Natalie Portman, is based on a book by what popular science fiction writer?
This Week’s Answers:
- A bear named Wojtek. This unlikely recruit enjoyed drinking beer and eating cigarettes.
- Horatio Magellan Crunch. His ship is called the SS Guppy.
- Purple. Purple dye, which came from snails, was very expensive, making it a signifier of status.
- Uruguay. The tournament was held in Uruguay’s capital of Montevideo.
- Jeff VanderMeer. Annihilation is the first book in VanderMeer’s Southern Reach trilogy.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”