Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look fo five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What kind of gas are NASCAR tires filled with? (Hint: It isn’t oxygen.)
- What city is sometimes called the “City of a Thousand Minarets”?
- Noyade is a historical term referring to what kind of execution?
- What archaeological discovery popularized eyeliner makeup in the 1920s?
- What is the name of Ireland’s oldest pub?
This Week’s Answers:
- Nitrogen. Why? Nitrogen allows tires to maintain their pressure throughout a race, even at very high temperatures.
- Cairo. The nickname refers to the city’s extensive Islamic architecture, which features many minarets.
- Execution by drowning. The term usually refers to executions that took place during France’s Reign of Terror in the late 18th century.
- The discovery of King Tutankhamun’s tomb in Egypt. The excavation was broadly covered in the news, inspiring an ancient Egyptian-style eyeliner craze.
- Sean’s Bar, in the town of Athlone, Westmeath. The bar dates back to 900 BCE and is believed to be one of the oldest pubs in the world.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”