Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- The tower clock in London known informally as Big Ben was officially called St. Stephen’s Tower until 2012, when it was renamed. What is the new official name?
- What is an ibrik?
- Issa Rae’s HBO series Insecure is known for making music a character on the show. Which famous singer served as a music consultant for the first season?
- What is the capital of Latvia?
- Reginald Kenneth Dwight is the real name of what music icon?
This Week’s Answers:
- Elizabeth Tower. The name was changed in honor of Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee.
- A metal pot with a wooden handle used to brew Turkish coffee.
- Solange Knowles. A producer on the show connected Rae and Knowles.
- Riga. The city is distinguished by its eclectic architecture, a blend of Gothic and art nouveau styles.
- Elton John. He adopted his stage name when he dropped out of high school and started playing with a band called Bluesology.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”