Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- In the 1990s, talking toys known as Furbies were all the rage. However, they were banned from the US National Security Agency headquarters. Why?
- What are the ingredients of the Manhattan cocktail?
- Who served as the model for Henri Matisse’s famous painting Green Stripe?
- The actor James Avery was best known for playing the character of Uncle Phil on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. However, he also voiced a popular animated character. Name that character.
- Name the famous book that begins with the following line: “In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines . . . “
This Week’s Answers:
- Officials incorrectly believed that Furbies could mimic human speech and worried that the toys might repeat national security secrets.
- Whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. Sometimes a maraschino cherry is added as a garnish.
- Matisse’s wife, Amélie. The painting is named for the green stripe that bisects Amélie’s face.
- Shredder, the villain in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Madeline, a picture book by Ludwig Bemelmans, first published in 1939. The titular character is a precocious young girl who makes mischief wherever she goes.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”