Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Water covers nearly 70 percent of the earth. But how much of that water is fresh water?
- Some animals can be described as crepuscular. What does crepuscular mean?
- What is the two-letter symbol for silver on the periodic table of elements?
- Name the 2018 Steven Spielberg movie based on a popular novel by Ernest Cline.
- What was the code name for the Battle of Normandy (the Allied invasion of Western Europe) in World War II?
This Week’s Answers:
- Approximately 2.5 percent to 3 percent–and much of that is trapped in glaciers and snowfields, meaning that there’s even less fresh water readily accessible to humans. The vast majority of water on Earth is saline.
- Most active around twilight. For example, some bats are crepuscular.
- Ag. The symbol comes from argentum, the Latin word for silver.
- Ready Player One. The book and film tell the story of a futuristic world where people spend much of their time living in a virtual-reality program called OASIS.
- Operation Overlord. The battle, also known as D-Day, began on June 6, 1944.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”