Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020”
This Week’s Questions:
- What is a tasseled wobbegong?
- What classic board game did a schoolteacher named Eleanor Abbott invent in the 1940s?
- What hit Broadway musical features the songs “Waving Through a Window,” “For Forever,” and “If I Could Tell Her”?
- What is an orrery?
- Metamorphic and sedimentary are two of the three types of rock. What is the third kind?
This Week’s Answers:
- A species of shark that can often be found hiding on the sea floor. With its uneven yellow-brown coloration, the wobbegong has natural camouflage, allowing it to ambush passing prey.
- Candy Land. After retiring from teaching, Abbott was stricken with polio. While she was in the hospital, she created Candy Land as a way to entertain children who were also suffering from the disease.
- Dear Evan Hansen. The musical opened on Broadway in December 2016 and quickly garnered critical acclaim.
- A clockwork model of our solar system, or a model of the earth, moon, and sun.
- Igneous. Igneous rocks form when magma cools and solidifies.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”