Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What fictional character received an “Extraordinary Honorary Fellowship” from the Royal Society of Chemistry in the U.K.?
- At the 2018 Golden Globes, who made history as the first black man to win Best Actor in a Television Series Drama?
- In ancient Egyptian mythology, who is the god of writing and the moon?
- How many flowers are included in the design imprinted on Oreo cookies?
- When did Amelia Earhart set off on her famous and ill-fated flight around the world?
This Week’s Answers:
- Sherlock Holmes. The fellowship was bestowed upon Holmes in 2002, 100 years after the publication of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s most beloved Holmes story, The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- Sterling K. Brown, for his role as the adult Randall Pearson on the TV show This is Us.
- Thoth. In addition to his lunar associations, Thoth was believed to be the inventor of writing and the patron god of scribes.
- Twelve. Each flower has four petals, and they form a wreath around the word Oreo.
- June 1, 1937. Earhart departed from Oakland, California, in a twin-engine Lockheed Electra plane. She was declared lost at sea on July 17, 1937, after disappearing while crossing the Pacific.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”