Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Name the fourth studio album by rapper, singer, and songwriter Nicki Minaj, released in 2018.
- On this day in 1820, an American colonel named Robert Gibbon Johnson stood on the steps of a courthouse in Salem, New Jersey, and demonstrated what?
- In 2008, Nils Olav was knighted in Norway. But Olav is not human–what is he?
- What country is the world’s primary provider of vanilla bean pods, which are often used to flavor ice cream, cakes, and other desserts?
- If you were standing on Mars watching the sunset, what color would the sky around the sun appear?
This Week’s Answers:
- Queen. The album features songs like “Chun-Li” and “Barbie Dreams.”
- That tomatoes are safe to eat. AT the time, many people in England and America believed that tomatoes were poisonous, but by eating a tomato without incident in front of a crowd, Gibbon proved them to be harmless.
- A penguin. This bird is quite accomplished: He also serves as mascot of the Norwegian King’s Guard and was promoted to brigadier in 2016. He resides in Scotland’s Edinburgh Zoo.
- Madagascar. The country is home to the majority of the world’s vanilla fields.
- Blue. Dusk particles in the Martian atmosphere scatter blue light, creating a blue halo around the sun that is most visible at sunset.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”