Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Who was the first Asian woman to receive an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series?
- What country’s flag features a black hat?
- Despite popular conception, there is no evidence that Vikings ever wore horned helmets. Where did the image of the Viking with the horned helmet originate?
- What is the actual name of the Scooby-Doo character nicknamed Shaggy?
- In the Harry Potter series, what are the three spells known as the “Unforgivable Curses”?
This Week’s Answers:
- Sandra Oh. She was nominated in 2018 for her role as Eve Polastri on BBC America’s Killing Eve.
- Lesotho. The hat, known as a Basotho hat or a mokorotlo, sits against a blue, white, and green tricolor background.
- Artists in the 19th century were fond of painting Vikings with horned helmets, and the image stuck.
- Norville Rogers. Norville (aka Shaggy) is the owner and best friend of Scooby-Doo.
- The Killing Curse (Avada Kedavra), the Cruciatus Curse (Crucio), and the Imperius Curse (Imperio).
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”