Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Several studios rejected the script for the 1985 film Back to the Future before Universal bought it. What reason did Disney provide for turning to down?
- In Ancient Rome, what was a vomitorium?
- Iona’s Beach, on Minnesota’s North Shore, is covered in pink rocks that are known to “sing.” What causes this phenomenon?
- How many eyes do iguanas have?
- What novel’s film rights were sold to the movie studio Color Force for just $1?
This Week’s Answers:
- Disney rejected the film on the grounds that is contained incest, referring to the scene in which Marty kisses the version of his mother he meets in the past.
- An entrance or exit to an amphitheater (the Coliseum, for example). Contrary to popular belief, the term did not refer to a place where people vomited.
- As waves wash over the shore, the unusual rocks–smooth, flattened pieces of rhyolite–are disturbed. They tinkle like bells as they resettle.
- Three. They have two normal eyes and a third one known as a parietal eye on the top of their heads. This third eye alerts iguanas to aerial threats.
- Crazy Rich Asians. Author Kevin Kwan wanted to ensure that the movie had an all-Asian cast, so the deal allowed him to be involved in development and production, and gave him the ability to earn more as the film was made.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”