Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- How long does it take sunlight to travel from the sun to the earth?
- Name the famous artist who is credited with the following quote: “I don’t do drugs. I am drugs.”
- Who was the first woman to jump from a hot-air balloon with a parachute?
- Name the 2018 album released by Florence + the Machine that featured the song “Hunger.”
- What period of US history was called the Gilded Age?
This Week’s Answers:
- On average, 8 minutes and 20 seconds. Because the earth follows an elliptical orbit around the sun, this number varies slightly depending on earth’s distance from the sun.
- Salvador Dalí, the painter of surrealist masterpieces such as The Persistence of Memory.
- Jeanne Geneviève Labrosse. In 1799, she parachuted from a hot-air balloon that was 3,000 feet high.
- High as Hope. The album also featured the songs “Big God” and “Grace.”
- The years between the end of the Civil War (1865) and the end of the 19th century–a time of wealth and opulence for some Americans but also a time of widespread corruption in industry and politics.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”