Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What kind of unusual plague inflicted the city of Strasbourg, in modern-day France, in 1518?
- What two kinds of birds are considered to be the closest living relatives of the Tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur?
- In addition to penning classic novels, Mark Twain created a board game. What was it called?
- What popular song prompted Polaroid to release a statement saying that shaking or waving a Polaroid picture may damage the image?
- Who painted the fresco ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
This Week’s Answers:
- A dancing plague. Hundreds of citizens compulsively danced in the streets, seemingly unable to stop, and many died from exhaustion.
- Chickens and ostriches. Scientists analyzed molecules of collagen found in a T. rex bone, and it most closely matched the collagen of chickens and ostriches.
- Mark Twain’s Memory-Builder. He designed the game to help players remember the important historical facts and dates.
- OutKast’s “Hey Ya,” which includes the line “Shake it like a Polaroid picture.”
- Michelangelo. When Pope Julius II hired Michelangelo to paint the chapel’s ceiling in 1508, the legendary artist was primarily known as a sculptor–but he quickly proved his skill with a brush.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”