Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What are the two longest monosyllabic words in the English language?
- Who gave the state of Florida its name?
- What is the real name of the rapper known as Vanilla Ice?
- What does the musical term adagio mean?
- Before achieving fame through his tabloid talk show, Jerry Springer served as mayor of what U.S. city?
This Week’s Answers:
- Scraunched and strengthed (an archaic word) are tied at 10 letters each.
- Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León. In 1513 he arrived on the coast during the season of Easter, and was inspired by the Spanish term for the holiday (Pascua Florida).
- Robert Matthew Van Winkle. He is best known for his 1990 song “Ice Ice Baby.”
- The music should be played slowly. Adagio is one of several Italian terms that indicate how fast to play music.
- Cincinnati. Springer was mayor from 1977 to 1981. He went on to become a reporter and TV news anchor before getting his own show.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”