Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- In the Batman comic books, what is the real name of Catwoman?
- What country’s flag features the Thunder Dragon?
- What animal, first described by English zoologist George Shaw in 1799, was considered by British scientists to be a hoax?
- Who inspired the name sandwich to describe food placed between two slices of bread?
- What is the technical term for the smooth area of skin between the eyebrows?
This Week’s Answers:
- Selina Kyle. In her role as Catwoman, Kyle has been both a villain and a hero–sometimes she commits crime, and sometimes she fights it.
- Bhutan. The country is sometimes called the “Land of the Thunder Dragon.”
- The platypus. Shaw wrote that the creature “naturally excites the idea of some deceptive preparation by artificial means with its beak of a Duck engrafted on the head of a quadruped.”
- John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich.
- The glabella. The English word comes from the Latin word glaber, which means smooth or hairless.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”