Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- The dolcian, a Renaissance-era musical instrument, is a predecessor of what contemporary instrument?
- What does the term merrythought refer to?
- In the beloved medical drama Grey’s Anatomy, who gave Derek Shepherd the nickname “McDreamy”?
- In the popular Christmas song “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” what gift is associated with the ninth day?
- A competition known as Kaninhoppning originated in Sweden. What is Kaninhoppning?
This Week’s Answers:
- The bassoon. The dolcian was carved from a single block of wood and was made in several sizes.
- The wishbone of a bird. The term originates from Britain circa 1600.
- Cristina Yang, Meredith Grey’s best friend.
- Nine ladies dancing.
- Rabbit show jumping. The rabbit contestants navigate an obstacle course that includes fences, hoops, ramps, and seesaws, demonstrating their impressive hopping skills along the way.
Sources: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”