Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- The Grand Canyon, the northern lights, Victoria Falls, the harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Mount Everest, and the Great Barrier Reef are six of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, as decided in 1997 by CNN. What is the seventh national wonder?
- What 19th-century American outlaw was nicknamed “the Bandit Queen”?
- Author Raymond Chandler wrote many beloved detective noir novels, including The Big Sleep (1939) and The Long Goodbye (1953). What is the name of the fictional detective who starred in Chandler’s novels?
- What is the difference between a spice and an herb?
- What iconic musician is credited with the following quote? “Ambition is a dream with a V-8 engine.”
This Week’s Answers:
- Paricutín, a cinder cone volcano in Michoacán, Mexico.
- Belle Starr. Belle turned her house into a hideout for bandits like Jesse James and was herself convicted of horse theft.
- Philip Marlowe. In the 1946 film adaptation of The Big Sleep, Humphrey Bogart played Marlowe.
- Spices are made from the bark, fruit, flowers, roots, stems, or seeds of a tree or plant that have been crushed and dried. Herbs are made from the leafy green part of the plant and may be fresh or dried.
- Elvis Presley. The King of Rock and Roll is also credited with the line: “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.”
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”