Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Who holds the record for most points scored in a professional basketball game by a single player?
- In some U.S. states, it’s illegal to place an ice-cream cone in your back pocket. Why?
- Kagome, a Japanese vegetable juice company, invented a wearable robot that is intended to help marathon runners combat fatigue. What does the robot do?
- How much would a 200-pound person weigh on the dwarf planet of Pluto?
- The 1995 film Jumanji starring Robin Williams is actually based on a children’s book of the same name. Who wrote the book?
This Week’s Answers:
- Wilt Chamberlain. The Philadelphia Warriors center scored 100 points in a game against the New York Knicks on March 2, 1962.
- The law was meant to stop horse theft. Horses will often follow people who have ice-cream cones in their back pockets, making it easy to lure horses away and steal them.
- It feeds you tomatoes.
- About 33 points. By contrast, that same person would weigh about 505 pounds on Jupiter!
- Chris Van Allsburg, who also wrote the widely beloved picture book The Polar Express (which was adapted into a film as well).
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”