Las Vegas — When visiting Las Vegas, it can be overwhelming. There are so many things to see and so little time, right? Here are the top 10 things you don’t want to miss when visiting downtown Las Vegas!
- Slot Machine Zip Line – “Slotzilla” is the world’s largest slot machine. There are two ride options for the zip line–one that is seven stories high and two blocks long and the other that is 11 stories high and five blocks long. Either way, it’s sure to be a thrill! (Fremont St. & Las Vegas Blvd.)
- Free Concerts at Fremont Street Experience – There are three stages of non-stop entertainment at the Fremont Street Experience. Each summer, the Downtown Rocks free concert series features some of the most recognizable names in music. (Fremont St. & Main, 1st St. & 3rd St.)
- New Year’s Eve Free Fireworks Show – The Plaza Hotel and Casino offers a fantastic live fireworks show on New Year’s Eve at midnight. It is viewable from anywhere in downtown Las Vegas. (1 N. Main St.)
- World’s Largest Sports Book – The world’s largest sports book is located inside the Circa Resort and Casino. It is three stories high with a 78 million pixel screen. There are 350 stadium-style seats with a total viewing capacity of 1,000 people. (8 E. Fremont St.)
- Restored Vegas Vickie – The iconic neon cowgirl known as Cegas Vickie was moved from the Fremont Street Experience to inside Circa Resort and Casino. Crews dissembled the sign and then reassembled once inside the new casino. The 20 foot by 25 foot cowgirl features a moving neon leg. It is a must see during your visit. (8 E. Fremont St.)
- Shark Tank Pool at Golden Nugget – The Golden Nugget Las Vegas features a 200,000 gallon shark tank aquarium. It features five different species of sharks. There’s even a water slide ride that goes right through the middle of the shark tank! If you dare… (129 E. Fremont St.)
- World’s Largest Golden Nugget – The Golden Nugget also features the world’s largest golden nugget called the “Hand of Faith.” It was found in Wedderburn, Australia in October 1980. The golden nugget weighs 61 pounds and 11 ounces. (129 E. Fremont St.)
- Blarney Stone at The D – The D Las Vegas features a chunk of Blarney Stone on the casino’s second floor. It apparently came from the Blarney Castle in Ireland. Gamblers are supposed to kiss the Blarney Stone for a dose of good luck! (301 E. Fremont St.)
- Vintage Slot Machines at Golden Gate – The Golden Gate Hotel and Casino features a tiny exhibit of vintage slot machines. They are located near the valet entrance by the hotel check in area. The vintage slots are gorgeous relics of a bygone era. (1 E. Fremont St.)
- The Berlin Wall at Main Street – There are four sections of the Berlin Wall located inside one of the men’s restrooms at Main Street Station Hotel and Casino. A piece of glass separates the urinals from the historic wall. We’re told it’s a popular attraction at the casino property. (200 N. Main St.)
- Bonus: Stadium Swim – Circa Resort and Casino features six outdoor heated pools with a 40-foot tall high definition screen. It’s called “Stadium Swim” and it’s the perfect spot to watch the Vegas Golden Knights, Las Vegas Raiders, Las Vegas Aces, and many other sports. There are 337 chaise lounges, 38 daybeds and 30 cabanas. Stadium Swim is open 365 days a year. (8 E. Fremont St.)
Other great attractions near Fremont Street Experience include The Mob Museum (300 Stewart Ave.) and the Downtown Container Park (707 E. Fremont St.) shops and restaurants.
The Fremont Street Experience is located at 425 E. Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101. For more info, visit www.vegasexperience.com.