Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- Scientist and animal rights activist Jane Goodall is known for her groundbreaking studies of chimpanzees. Where did Goodall do most of her fieldwork, beginning in 1960?
- Where is the tallest mountain in Europe?
- In poker, what is a full house?
- Canberra is the capital of what country?
- In the United States, April 12 is a national day for what kind of sandwich?
This Week’s Answers:
- Tanzania. While Goodall’s first efforts to get up close to chimpanzees failed, she eventually earned their trust, in part by offering them bananas.
- Mount Elbrus, in southern Russia. Mount Elbrus has twin peaks that both soar more than 18,000 feet tall.
- Three of a kind, plus a pair. For example, three jacks and two fives.
- Australia. Canberra is situated southwest of Sydney at the foot of the Australian Alps.
- Grilled cheese.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”