Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- A unit called BED is sometimes used to measure doses of radiation. What does BED stand for?
- What famous athlete came up with the following famous saying? “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.”
- What does the term fipple refer to? (Hint: It has to do with musical instruments.)
- What ingredients make up the popular cocktail known as the sidecar?
- What is a netizen?
This Week’s Answers:
- Banana Equivalent Dose. Bananas contained a radioactive isotope, meaning that a single banana contains a very tiny (and non harmful) dose of radiation.
- Muhammad Ali.
- A fipple is the mouthpiece of an end-blown wind instrument like a recorder or a tin whistle.
- Cognac, Cointreau (an orange liqueur), and lemon juice.
- Someone who spends a lot of time on the internet.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”