Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2021” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What kind of plant do pineapples grow on?
- What artist created the famous painting Broadway Boogie Woogie (1942-1943), which is on display at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art?
- What country has a ritual of hanging onions on doors on New Year’s Eve?
- What are the two moons of Mars called?
- What is the world’s tallest living land animal?
This Week’s Answers:
- Pineapples grow on low bushes with a central stem and stocky leaves. The fruit grows on top of the central stem.
- Dutch artist Piet Mondrian, who escaped Europe during World War II and moved to New York City.
- Greece. The onions symbolize rebirth and growth.
- Deimos and Phobos. Named for the sons of Ares, the Greek mythology equivalent of the Roman god Mars, they are among the smallest moons in our solar system.
- The giraffe. These giants can grow taller than three adult humans standing on each other’s shoulders!
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”