Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2023” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the full name of the artist known as Frida Kahlo?
- What is the official state bird of Arizona?
- How many ways are there to make change for a dollar bill?
- Where was the soda Sprite invented? (Hint: It wasn’t the United States.)
- Who was the first Black female director to have a film nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars?
This Week’s Answers:
- Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo y Calderón. She was born on July 6, 1907, in Coyoacán, Mexico City, Mexico.
- The cactus wren. This bird is native to the arid climate of the southwestern United States and often nests in cactus plants.
- Two hundred ninety-two, including combinations with half-dollar coins. If you count a one-dollar coin as change for a dollar bill, the number is 293.
- Germany. Originally called Fanta Klare Zitrone (Clear Lemon Fanta), Sprite was first produced in West Germany in 1959 as part of the Fanta line of sodas.
- Ava DuVernay. Her 2014 film Selma, which explores Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s campaign to secure equal voting rights, was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars and Golden Globes.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”