Every Tuesday, AmericaJR brings you five new questions and answers from the “365 Days of Amazing Trivia” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- Finland hosts the annual world championship races in a sport known as eukonkanto. What is special about these contests?
- What real-life serial killer is said to have inspired both Psycho‘s Norman Bates and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre‘s Leatherface?
- There are two independent countries within Italy. What are they?
- In 2010, art restoration researchers applied what technology to the Mona Lisa for the first time?
- When Victoria Beckham first achieved fame, it was as Posh Spice, a member of the 90s pop group the Spice Girls. She remained in the spotlight for her high-profile marriage to soccer star David Beckham. What was her original last name?
This week’s answers:
- The sport is also known as “wife carrying”; A male competitor races to complete a course in the fastest time while carrying a female competitor (the two are not necessarily husband and wife).
- Ed Gein. He committed his crimes in mid-20th century Wisconsin.
- Vatican City and San Marino.
- They X-rayed the painting, giving them new insight into the way Leonardo layered paint to create the masterwork.
- The future star was born Victoria Caroline Adams in Harlow, Essex, England in 1974.
Source: Workman Publishing / Page-A-Day