Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR…Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What is the name for the property in pepper that causes people to sneeze?
- Name all the members of the Beach Boys.
- What cake was a specialty of New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in the 1930s, which is where John A. Adams, the president of the Adams Extract Company, first encountered it?
- In the illustration that appears on Coppertone’s Water Babies sunscreen, what is pulling at the little girl’s swimsuit?
- In The Empire Strikes Back, what country stands in for the fictional ice planet of Hoth?
This week’s answers:
- Piperine, which acts as an irritant when exposed to the nose.
- Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, and Alan Jardine.
- Red velvet cake.
- A black dog. The child used to be wearing only a swimsuit bottom, but in recent years has been shown wearing a one-piece swimsuit.
- Norway. Some of the scenes that take place on Hoth were shot at the Hardangerjokulen glacier.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”