Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What is actor Will Smith’s full first name?
- In math, what does ax2 + bx + c = 0 signify?
- Before they turned to aviation, Wilbur and Orville Wright specialized in selling and repairing what?
- What strange dying request did the composer Frederic Chopin make to his family?
- World Wrestling Entertainment was previously known by a different name. What was it, and why did it change?
This week’s answers:
- Willard. Contrary to what most people might guess, “Will” isn’t short for “William.”
- The quadratic equation. It can be solved using the quadratic formula.
- Bicycles. They opened a shop in 1887, right around the time of an American bicycle boom.
- That his heart be removed from his corpse and buried in his home country, Poland.
- It used to be the World Wrestling Federation, but the organization was forced to rename itself in 2002 after it was sued by an entity it shared initials with: the World Wildlife Fund.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”