Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- What famous school was founded as the Institute of Musical Art in 1905?
- What duo is considered the best beach volleyball team of all time?
- What actor voiced the character of Herb, Homer’s estranged half brother, on The Simpsons?
- Name all six of Jane Austen’s novels.
- On the Internet, what does the prank known as getting “rickrolled” entail?
This week’s answers:
- The Juilliard School. It was eventually renamed for textile merchant Augustus Juilliard, who left he school a large gift upon his death.
- Misty Mea-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings. They won gold medals in the 2004, 2008, and 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
- Danny DeVito.
- Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey.
- Being rickrolled refers to clicking on a link that, while purporting to be something interesting or relevant, turns out to contain the video for the Rick Astley song “Never Gonna Give You Up.”
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”