Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- While appearing on Saturday Night Live in 1992, what singer tore up a picture of the pope?
- What’s the name of the prep school that Barack Obama attended in Hawaii?
- Psycho was the first film to show what household object on camera?
- Halloween has roots in a Celtic festival called what?
- What fast-food menu item was introduced in 1981 and pulled due to poor performance in 1985, only to be reintroduced about a decade later thanks to some publicity from 1994’s live-action movie version of The Flintstones?
This Week’s Answers:
- Sinead O’Connor. She was taking a stand against abuse in the Catholic Church.
- Punahou School. He played on the basketball team and graduated in 1979.
- A toilet. It also included the first toilet flush.
- Samhain. It means “summer’s end” in Gaelic and was held on November 1, with bonfires, dancing, and feasting.
- McDonald’s McRib. A version of it appeared in the film, and one of the film’s stars, Rosie O’Donnell, shot commercials to advertise it.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”