Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Name the book that was marketed as the confessions of two female flight attendants upon its release in 1967, but was actually written by a male public relations executive.
- What group of elements did Dmitry Mendeleyev fail to include on the original periodic table?
- What are the four main types of lettuce?
- In 1928, Otto Rohwedder built a machine to do what despite bakers’ skepticism?
- In the musical Hamilton (and in real life), there are (and were) three Schuyler sisters who are close in age. What are their names?
This Week’s Answers:
- Coffee, Tea, or Me? Original “authors” Trudy Baker and Rachel Jones were made up; Donald Bain wrote the book.
- The noble gases (also called “inert gases”). Mendeleyev originally rejected them as elements because they couldn’t be detected with one’s senses.
- Looseleaf, butterhead, crisphead, and romaine.
- Slice bread. Soon after the sliced loaf’s debut, it became a hit, and an upstart company called Wonder began to distribute it.
- Angelica, Eliza (Elizabeth), and Peggy (Margarita). Eliza became Alexander Hamilton’s wife, though he maintained a flirtatious friendship with Angelica.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”