DETROIT — The Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) is hosting its 3rd Annual Automotive Lightweighting Summit on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.). The event will take place at the Federal Reserve Bank, Detroit Branch.
Attendees can save money by registering during the early-bird period which runs through September 27, 2018. Due to security procedures at the Federal Reserve Bank, no registrations on the day of the event will be accepted.
New to the Summit this year will be the announcement of the Lightweighting Innovation Award, an expanded speaker line-up and a keynote speaker during lunch. The keynote will be delivered by Craig Bouchard, Chairman and CEO, Braidy Industries, whose company has been all over the news lately as the company looks to disrupt the aluminum industry. Orders for formed aluminum sheet products from Braidy’s new rolling mill in Kentucky, through 2026 are already at 200 percent of output that’s expected when the facility opens in 2020.
· David Anderson, Senior Director, Automotive Technical Panel and Long Products Program at Steel Market Development Institute (SMDI)
· Mark Barrott, Principal, Plante Moran
· Charlie Chesbrough, Senior Economist and Senior Director of Industry Insights at Cox Automotive Inc.
· Chuck Evans, Corporate Vice President, Henkel
· Daron Gifford, Partner, Strategy and Automotive Consulting Leader, Plante Moran
· Curt Horvath, Technical Fellow/Global Lead, Ferrous & Non-ferrous Sheet Metals, General Motors
· Jim Mortenson, Director, Strategic Product Development, Worthington Industries
· Sarah Ollila, Technology Development Manager, Department of Energy
· Richard Schultz, Project Consultant, Ducker Worldwide
· Mike Siwajek, Vice President of Research and Development, Continental Structural Plastics
· Scott Ulnick, Chairman and Managing Principal, Ducker
The first-ever Lightweighting Innovation Award will also be presented at the Summit. The award will honor the innovative lightweighting application, its benefits and the company responsible for the innovation. Judges from the Center for Automotive Research (CAR), Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT) and Automotive Engineering Magazine/SAE will select the winner.
More information on the event and the SAA can be found at www.SAAauto.com.
The SAA’s mission is to provide members timely access to automotive insights from a wide range of perspectives. The SAA aims to provide automotive professionals exclusive access to industry leaders, early insights and outstanding networking opportunities. SAA members include every automotive industry professional interested in timely and useful auto industry data, discussion and dissemination of ideas, concepts and solutions. For more information on the SAA, go to www.SAAauto.com.