Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2019” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What animated film has Blue Meanies as its villains?
- At Japan’s Nakizumo Festival, what do sumo wrestlers compete in?
- What Hindu holiday is also known as the Festival of Lights?
- The popularity of what grain helped chopsticks challenge the primacy of the spoon in ancient China?
- Whose family home was called New Place?
This Week’s Answers:
- Yellow Submarine. In the Beatles film, Pepperland was invaded by the Blue Meanies.
- Making babies cry. The baby who cries first wins.
- Diwali. Oil lamps and candles are central to the celebration. Light signifies goodness in Hindu culture.
- Wheat. It was considered easier to eat noodles and dumplings made with wheat flour using chopsticks rather than with a spoon.
- William Shakespeare. He moved into the house in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1597 and lived there until he died, in 1616. Unfortunately, the house was demolished in 1759.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day” calendar