Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- Before Michael Phelps came on the scene and won eight golds at the 2008 Beijing games, who held the record for winning the most gold medals at a single Olympics?
- Early in Earth’s history, scientists speculate that there was one supercontinent, known as Pangea, surrounded by one global ocean. What name is this ocean known by?
- What is the name for the Jewish cookie that is made of rolled-up dough filled with chocolate, nuts, jam, or another filling?
- What was the name of the real-life club featured in Prince’s movie Purple Rain?
- The flags of a third of the world’s countries feature religious imagery, and of those, 31 are symbols of Christianity. Which country’s flag features the Bible?
This Week’s Answers:
- Mark Spitz. He won seven gold medals in the 1972 Munich games. Like Phelps, Spitz was a swimmer.
- Panthalassa. The breakup of the continents was accompanied by division of the oceans.
- Rugelach. The dessert may be associated with Hanukkah because of the Book of Judith, but they are appropriate to eat at any holiday or non-holiday, all year long.
- First Avenue. The Minneapolis nightlife spot first opened in 1970 and was one of Prince’s favorite venues.
- The Dominican Republic. It features a coat of arms that also has a shield, spears, a cross, and the national motto.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”