Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What type of food is head cheese?
- In a car’s side-view mirror, why do objects appear to be farther away than they are?
- What was the name for the medicinal cure-alls that Portuguese Jesuits made in the 17th century?
- What distinguishes polydactyl cats?
- What movie is based on the short story “The Greatest Gift,” by Philip Van Doren Stern?
This Week’s Answers:
- Surprisingly, it’s not a type of cheese: It’s a type of deli meat made from the head of a pig or calf, including the tongue.
- Because side-view mirrors are convex mirrors, which have wider fields of view than flat mirrors and therefore reflect more in a smaller space.
- Goa stones, named for their origin in Goa, India. They were sometimes stored in elaborate gold and silver containers.
- They have more toes than standard cats. Writer Ernest Hemingway had a special fondness for polydactyl cats.
- It’s a Wonderful Life. The story was inspired by a dream the author had.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”