Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2020” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What is the name of the heroine in Nintendo’s video game franchise Metroid Prime?
- What US city has been nicknamed “Cereal City”?
- In the 17th century, long before humans took to space, an English natural philosopher named John Wilkins speculated about the possibility of space travel. What kind of spacecraft did Wilkins propose?
- What does entomophagy refer to?
- In the animated film The Lion King, what kind of animal is Timon?
This Week’s Answers:
- Samus Aran. As an intergalactic bounty hunter, Aran typically appears in full-body armor.
- Battle Creek, Michigan. W. K. Kellogg and J. H. Kellogg invented cereal flakes in Battle Creek in 1894.
- “Flying chariots.” Wilkins imagined that these vehicles with wings, powered by gears and springs, could take a man to the moon.
- The practice of eating insects. An animal or person who eats insects could be described as entomophagous.
- A meerkat. While Timon spends his time hanging out with a warthog, real meerkats tend to live in underground burrows in large groups consisting of several meerkat family units.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”