Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR.com. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- Who was the first woman to lead the New York Times?
- Antonio Stradivari was born in Italy in 1644 and went on to become one of the most renowned luthiers of all time. What does this mean?
- An early version of what machine consisted of a tractor towing a sled?
- In Greek mythology, the nine muses were the daughters of Zeus and which Titan goddess?
- What is regicide?
This week’s answers:
- Jill Abramson.
- Stradivari made stringed instruments, most famously violins.
- The Zamboni. It was invented by Frank J. Zamboni and first patented in 1953.
- Mnemosyne, the goddess of memory.
- The killing of a king.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”