Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR. Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar.
This week’s questions:
- How many elements on the periodic table are naturally occurring?
- Name the only historical American Girl doll to have been discontinued–archived, in American Girl parlance–only to be reintroduced a few years later.
- What reality show premiered in the Netherlands in 1999, came to the United States the following year, and went on to become a global phenomenon, airing in over 81 countries?
- What Middle Eastern city did Garfield repeatedly trip to ship Nermal to in the comic strip (and cartoon) Garfield?
- Name all four NBA teams that call the state of California home.
This week’s answers:
- 92 of the 118.
- Samantha Parkington. Born in the late 1800s, she represents the Edwardian period, and was one of the original American Girl dolls when the line launched in 1986.
- Big Brother. In the summer of 2015, the US version of the show aired its 17th season.
- Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
- The Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Clippers, the Sacramento Kings, and the Golden State Warriors.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”