DETROIT – On the heels of the premier North American International Auto Show, the Detroit Boat Show Cruises into Cobo Center February 17-25, turning the Motor City into the “Boater City” for nine days of summer fun. Much like the Auto Show, the Detroit Boat Show features the latest and greatest from boat manufacturers, with more than 90 new models on display. Unlike the Auto Show, these boats are sold right at the show. More than one hundred of Michigan boat dealers are displaying vessels from 10’-46’ at the best prices of the year.
Everything from personal watercraft, dinghy’s, ski boats, fishing boats for inland lakes and offshore, pontoons, cruisers and more are on display and manufacturers are pulling out all the stops in 2018. Trends for 2018 include maximizing space and efficiency in vessels, providing more comfort and space to bring more people aboard, and continuing to bring state-of-the-art technology to the helm.
“Cross-over boats are really becoming popular. People are looking for those center-lane boats because it lets them do a little of everything,” said Patti Smith, co-owner of Silver Spray Sports. “Manufacturers are really stepping up the technology this year. It’s not just about having fun on a boat – now, it’s also about having all the amenities you’d want in a car or even your home right there on the boat.”
- Rail Jam Wakeboarding – Produced by Step Up Productions, the Rail Jam set-up consists of two pools holding over 50,000 gallons of water. With the aid of a highspeed winch, competitors are pulled across a course packed with rails, sliders, jumps and other features allowing them to get “sick” air and perform crazy tricks. Watch and be amazed as professional wake boarders from all around the country compete against each other in air defying feats.
- Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel – “Twiggy’s Lagoon” is known for the World Famous Water-skiing Squirrel. Twiggy has performed in front of millions of people since 1979. She has been all over the world performing in all styles of events such as the X-Games, Boat, Travel, RV, and various Trade shows. Twiggy has been in many Movies, TV Shows, and even Commercials over the past few decades … don’t miss her debut in Detroit!
- BIG Giveaways – To celebrate its diamond anniversary, the Detroit Boat Show is giving away a pair of Diamond Solitaire Earrings, plus a Yeti A Day Giveaway, and a state-of-the-art pontoon trailer! The coveted annual Detroit Boat Show t-shirt giveaway is a special edition 60th anniversary shirt you won’t want to miss (available while supplies last)!
- Kids Zone – Rock and roll in Water Rollerz, face painting, crafts to take home, spin the wheel of treasure and win great prizes – just a sample of the fun available for kids at the boat show!
- Photo Ops and Fun – Meet a REAL mermaid, board the latest model boats, and more – these are just a couple of the opportunities where you can stop and snap a pic with friends and family for some fun. Take home as a souvenir and post on social media to impress your friends!
- Broadcast Center – Meet the street teams from WCSX, WRIF, WXYT and WDTW who will host live remotes, fun games and bring great prizes.
“Whether you’re in the market for a new boat or not, just seeing the new model debuts at the Detroit Boat Show is a treat,” said Show Manager Nicki Polan. “Each year we’re amazed at the integration of technology, comfort, and even colors we see come into the show.”
The 60th annual Detroit Boat Show is February 17-25 at Cobo Center in Detroit. Admission to the boat show is $13 for adults; children 12 and under are free with an adult, and seniors 65 and older receive free admission on Monday. Tickets, other special admission days and hotel accommodations provided by the Courtyard Detroit Downtown are available at Detroitboatshow.net.
HOURS: Saturdays: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sundays & Monday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.; and Tuesday through Friday: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Parking is available at Cobo Center and surrounding lots. The Detroit Boat Show is sponsored by Great Lakes Scuttlebutt, Official Magazine of the Detroit Boat Show and the Courtyard Detroit Downtown, Official Hotel of the Detroit Boat Show and Michigan Golf Cart.
FOR MORE INFORMATION visit Detroitboatshow.net or call 1.800.932.2628.