Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2017” calendar…
This Week’s Questions:
- What well-known literary figure had a cameo in the movie Bridget Jones’s Diary?
- What Sesame Street character has the birthday October 9, 1,830,653 BC?
- What to carnivorous pitcher plants use to attract insects?
- What is the name of the foam sleeve used to hold cold beverages?
- Who once reported seeing actual mermaids in the Caribbean, but said they were “not as pretty as they are depicted, for somehow in the face they look like men”?
This Week’s Answers:
- Salman Rushdie. He played himself in a book party scene.
- Count von Count. This makes him a few centuries shy of 2 million years old.
- Smells that are appetizing to insects, like decaying prey.
- Koozie. Some people spell it “coozie” or simply “cozy”–it varies regionally.
- Christopher Columbus, in 1493. The general consensus is that he was probably looking at manatees.
Source: Workman Publishing/”Page-A-Day”