Every Tuesday is a Trivia Tuesday on AmericaJR… Look for five new trivia questions and answers from the “365 Amazing Trivia Facts for 2018” calendar.
This Week’s Questions:
- What was the first physical item ever purchased online?
- In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, what song was written to sound like its lyrics were Latin?
- In 1859, a chemist named Robert A. Chesebrough visited an oil well and discovered a substance called “Rod Wax” that workers were using on cuts and burns. What name did a refined version of this substance eventually take on?
- Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI inspired a short-lived trend among upper-class French people by wearing what?
- What is the name of the island that the Dominican Republic and Haiti share?
This Week’s Answers:
- A Pizza Hut large pizza, with pepperoni, mushrooms, and extra cheese.
- “Fahoo Faraze.” The song managed to fool some people who read Latin.
- Vaseline. By the later part of the century, the product had become a household name.
- Potato plants and blossoms.
- Hispaniola. It’s the second-largest island in the West Indies.
Source: Workman Publishing / “Page-A-Day”